What is Service Learning?
An opportunity to serve in the community and gain an understanding of civic responsibility. The student has a chance to reflect on their service learning experience which can help with building character and problem solving skills.
- in building homes for the less fortunate
- in feeding the homeless or disadvantaged
- to a shelter or children’s program
- help shut-in’s or visit a senior citizens center
- help those in need in the local area, ie Food bank, shelter, or Non profit build a home.
- read to kids on a regular basis (after school program)
How it works
- Find a service learning opportunity (service learning opportunities packet is provided below.)
- Complete the assumption of risk form and submit it to College Center at Building 200, Room 225.
- Begin your service learning experience.
- Track your time and hours per the guidlines outlined in the packet.
- Complete the Student information and Agency Placement Information form record the times you start and end volunteer hours on the time sheet each day and obtain the required signatures; complete the survey and write an essay/reflection paper.
- Packets must be submited by the deadline on the front page.
- Once your packet is cleared and verified, documents will be sent out depending on the specific service learning hours you have accumulated.
Contact Morgan Kirk Service Learning Coordinator. 714-992-7178. Mkirk@fullcoll.edu