Grants, Economic and Workforce Development
What is Service Learning?
An opportunity to serve in the community and gain an understanding of civic responsibility. The student has a chance to reflect on their service learning experience which can help with building character and problem solving skills.
- In building homes for the less fortunate
- In feeding the homeless or disadvantaged
- To a shelter or children’s program
- Help shut-in’s or visit a senior citizens center
- Help those in need in the local area, ie Food bank, shelter, or Non profit build a home.
- Read to kids on a regular basis (after school program)
How does it work?
- Find a service learning opportunity (service learning opportunities packet is provided below.)
- Complete the assumption of risk form and submit it to College Center at Building 200, Room 225.
- Begin your service learning experience.
- Track your time and hours per the guidlines outlined in the packet.
- Complete the Student information and Agency Placement Information form record the times you start and end volunteer hours on the time sheet each day and obtain the required signatures; complete the survey and write an essay/reflection paper.
- Packets must be submited by the deadline on the front page.
- Once your packet is cleared and verified, documents will be sent out depending on the specific service learning hours you have accumulated.
Contact // Jasmine Moore at 714-992-7067//